- About Us
- Parent Survey
- 2003 to 2004
- 2004 to 2005
- 2005 to 2006
- 2006 to 2007
- 2007 to 2008
- 2008 to 2009
- 2009 to 2010
- AMC Hut Trip: May 28-30, 2011
- Court of Honor: February 7, 2011
- Court of Honor: June 13, 2011
- King Pine Family Ski Trip
- Memorial Day Observance at Elizabeth Seton Nursing Home
- Nantucket Bike Trip: October 8-10, 2011
- Recent Uploads
- Saco River: September 9-11, 2011
- Wellesley Parade: May 22, 2011
- Scouting For Food
- Wreath Sale
Eagle Scout Letters of Reference
KNOX TRAIL COUNCIL BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
You should ask your references on your Eagle Application to write you a letter. Give them a copy of the information about an Eagle Scout on the attached sheets and a pre-addressed, stamped envelope.
You need letters from:
- Your parents
- A teacher, Guidance Counselor, or staff member at your school
- A religious
reference from someone at your place of worship
If none, call John at the office for procedure.
- An Employer , if you have one (or had one)
- 2 other people, over 21, who know you well; they should not be relatives or from your home Troop.
The envelope should have the following:
In the upper left hand corner of the envelope:
The name and address of the person writing the letter.
In the lower left of the envelope:
The words: "Eagle recommendation for, ___YOUR NAME____
If you are in the Viking District :
All letters of reference for Eagle Scout candidates must be mailed directly to the Knox Trail Council Office.
"Viking District Eagle Board of Review" Knox Trail Council 490 Union Ave Framingham, MA 01702
If you are in the Liberty or Tri-River District :
Ask your Troop Advancement Chairman who to have the letters sent to.
LETTER OF COMPLETION
The final letter you are required to get is a "Letter of Completion" from the representative of the organization where you did your project. This letter should be turned in with your Eagle Application and final report, not mailed to the council as the other letters.
Do not wait until the last minute to ask for the letters.