- About Us
- Scouting For Food
- Wreath Sale
Wreath Sale 2015
All members of the Troop are expected to contribute to the fundraising efforts of the Troop. All Scouts should be out trying their best to sell wreaths. This is what makes our major income – not the tree sale or dues.
For the 2015 Wreath Sale, we will use the same system as last year for entering orders on the troop's web site. All your orders from last year have been saved, and you will not have to re-type them.
Wreath Sales at RDF
The Troop has been granted permission to sell Christmas Wreaths at the Wellesley RDF for 4 consecutive Saturdays between October 17 – November 7th . A SignupGenius page has been set up so that we can coordinate coverage at the RDF. Up to 3 scouts can sell at the RDF during any given block of time. Attached are some important documents from the Wellesley Dept of Public Works, please read them! Below are some important ground rules to assure things go smoothly:
See below for attachments
1. You must sign-up in advance to sell at the RDF. Use SignupGenius to secure your slot. First come first serve basis.
Here’s the Link, Ctrl + Click to follow: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094AA4A82EA46-christmas/
2. At least one parent/adult must be present, so unless another adult has signed up for a given time slot already, Scout signup must be accompanied by adult signup.
3. All Scouts/Adults must complete the attached Waiver form and turn it into the office at the beginning of their shift. You must do this for each different day you participate.
4. We are restricted to only selling in the areas marked “Community Use Area” on the attached map – please adhere to rule and at all times do not disrupt people from recycling their waste.
5. Scouts should agree if and how they are going to share sales during each given shift – it’s up to you to work this out, but be fair and try to work as a team.
6. Make sure you get all information required to deliver wreaths, and collect cash/check in advance, just as you would for door-to-door sales.
7. Read and adhere to the rules of the Dept. of Public Works that are attached.
8. If you sign up, show up – it’s unfair to other Scouts to not use time you have reserved
Please be courteous when signing up for slots – sign up only for those slots you will actually be there selling and give other scouts a chance to sign up before blocking too many slots for yourself. The site is live and should work now, so good luck and go to it!
You can use the paper forms when you are out selling – but everything must be entered online. Have your parents help if you run into problems.
Please enter your orders as you get them. Please give us your money collected once a week. ALL orders are DUE on Monday, November 9th. NO Exceptions!
Website Sale Entry
Make sure you are logged on to your own account, not as "member185". Your user name is your e-mail address. If you forget your password, then use the Request new password link.
Enter the orders on the web page http://troop185wellesley.org/wreathsale/orders.php. (There is a link on the troop's home page.) To enter a new customer:
- Choose your name from the drop-down list.
- Enter one customer at a time: name, address, and optionally phone number or e-mail address. Enter the number of wreaths of each size that the customer ordered.
- Click the "Submit" button. Read the confirmation screen, and check that you charged the correct amount.
For existing customers, go to the bottom of the page.
- Choose a year from the drop-down list and click the "Show me" button.
- Find the customer you want and click the "Copy" link. This will enter the existing order in the form at the top of the page.
- Edit the form as needed and click the "Submit" button as above.
All orders will then be picked up the weekend of November 27–28. We will have a sign-up for you to pick a time, so all wreaths get delivered by Thanksgiving weekend.
Just a few reminders:
"Wreath Sale Form" This sheet contains all the wreath sizes and diameters. The size is the center of the wreath and the diameter is approximately the TOTAL WIDTH of the wreath. So if you need a wreath that is 24" across, order a 14" or 16" wreath. Bring a small tape measure with you so you can help customers determine what size they need.
The wreaths are made of Balsam Fir. They are made in Canada & Maine.
You should be collecting the money when you sell – then you can just deliver the wreaths when they arrive. Have checks made payable to: Boy Scout Troop 185
Contact last year’s customers, new neighbors & those houses that you saw wreaths on every door last year!
Again this year!
In addition to the commission that you earn for your sales (20% on all sales beyond $100 – this means you earn 20 cents on every dollar you sell starting with the $101st Example – you sell $200 of wreaths you earn $20 in commission; you sell $500 – you earn $80), this year we are also going to have weekly prizes for whoever turns in the most sales each week. So start selling, and bring your orders in weekly.
If you have any questions, contact Mr. Luby or Mr. Gomez.
|Wreath Sale Order Form (Spreadsheet)||13.85 KB|
|Wreath Sale Flyer||356.88 KB|
|Selling Tips||42.27 KB|
|RDF Wreath Sale - 3. Waiver Form - Request for Community Use of RDF.PDF||86.23 KB|
|RDF Wreath Sale - 3a. Appendix D of RDF Rules Regs - Community Use.pdf||12.56 KB|
|RDF Wreath Sale - 5. PLAN Copy RDF Community Use Area 7.10.09 GJS-.jpg||252.46 KB|
|RDF - email.pdf - email from John||272.1 KB|